Code and advice on building your own generators.
Code - PHP
- Word-Based PHP Generator - A streamlined bit of code to let one create a generator with releative ease. There's not much coding needed (except changing a few lines), and data is stored in a special data file so one can easily alter data.
- The Space Phenomena Generator From the Ground Up - How the Space Phenomena Generator was created - includes not just documentation, but the code and the actual data file so you can see how things finally ended up.
Analysis, Theory, Technique
- Creating a Word-Based Generator - An analyses of words, in this case Wrestling Moves, and how they can be integrated into a Generator.
- Creating the Space-Based Phenomena Generator - How the Space-Based Phenomena Generator was created. An example of the iterative process of generator creation.
- Data and Data Abstraction - A more generalized essay on developing generators, from finding the way data relates, to finding patterns, to getting ready to stock your data.
- Data Advice - A collection of tips on developing generator data.
- "Shake It Up" - Ways to increase the variability in your generators for more diverse, interesting, and useful results!